Intercept Poverty COVID-19 Campaign
*UPDATE: wow, we reached our goal in 3 days again! The donors have spoken, we are making a difference to feed ones who are in need. We are increasing the goal again!*
Join Student Athletes from all over the country as they raise funds for the less fortunate.
Mission: To make sure low-income families can afford to keep students home
from school by providing financial assistance for food during this Coronavirus
Problem: Many families are lacking resources to prepare and protect against
COVID-19, many of these people face a higher risk of contracting and spreading
• Majority of low income jobs don't offer paid sick days
• According to 2019 Federal reserve study 40% of Americans could not come up with $400 to cover an emergency
• Low income people are way more likely to be uninsured or underinsured for medical care
• Shutting down schools has unintended effects on low income families
• Many low income children rely on free and reduced school breakfast and lunches for their daily nutrition
• Parents can't always afford child care especially when there school age kid is supposed to be in school
• As many schools transition to online learning there are millions of households that lack access to high speed internet
If you think this page contains objectionable content, please inform the system administrator.